The Kansas Tobacco Quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW) is offering free nicotine replacement therapy medications (NRT) through July 31, or while supplies last! For free help and personalized quit assistance, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669) to enroll. Medication made available by Kansas Department of Health and Environment include nicotine lozenge, gum, and nicotine patch.
The TFW Medical Advisory Council was created in April 2015 with the primary purpose of providing insight, strategic advice, and expertise as requested by TFW leaders to support the mission and vision of the coalition. MAC also serves as a representative link between TFW and the Sedgwick County medical community. The council is comprised of seven local healthcare providers that encompass a variety of specialties and areas of expertise.
MAC Activities: Activities of the MAC include the following, and may be further defined as need arises:
- Review TFW materials and other communications for medical accuracy.
- Study issues to share opinions and perspectives as well as develop recommendations in regard to TFW initiatives.
- Promote communication among the Sedgwick County medical community in regard to TFW initiatives.
- Hear public testimony regarding tobacco control issues to formulate recommendations to TFW leadership.
- Share public testimony regarding tobacco control issues to move tobacco regulation forward in Sedgwick County.
- Engage in activities that promote education, awareness, and cessation to benefit the health of communities in Sedgwick County.
If you are a medical provider and are interested in MAC, please contact a Tobacco Control Coordinator for details.