Don’t miss this amazing (and FREE!) opportunity to hear nationally-recognized speaker, Dr. Valerie Yerger, as she discusses the targeting of African Americans and inner city communities by tobacco companies. She will also discuss her work with engaging youth in tobacco control and policies to restrict access to menthol and flavored products that have had success in several cities across the country. REGISTER HERE
The TFW Medical Advisory Council was created in April 2015 with the primary purpose of providing insight, strategic advice, and expertise as requested by TFW leaders to support the mission and vision of the coalition. MAC also serves as a representative link between TFW and the Sedgwick County medical community. The council is comprised of seven local healthcare providers that encompass a variety of specialties and areas of expertise.
MAC Activities: Activities of the MAC include the following, and may be further defined as need arises:
- Review TFW materials and other communications for medical accuracy.
- Study issues to share opinions and perspectives as well as develop recommendations in regard to TFW initiatives.
- Promote communication among the Sedgwick County medical community in regard to TFW initiatives.
- Hear public testimony regarding tobacco control issues to formulate recommendations to TFW leadership.
- Share public testimony regarding tobacco control issues to move tobacco regulation forward in Sedgwick County.
- Engage in activities that promote education, awareness, and cessation to benefit the health of communities in Sedgwick County.
If you are a medical provider and are interested in MAC, please contact a Tobacco Control Coordinator for details.