Employee Tobacco Cessation Resources
Are you looking for resources to promote tobacco cessation at your worksite? Here are partner resources that can help you plan events and/or campaigns to help employees move toward a tobacco-free life.
KanQuit (Kansas Tobacco Quitline)
The Kansas Tobacco Quitline KSQuit.org or 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669) provides FREEone-on-one coaching for Kansans that is designed to help the tobacco user take control of an attempt to quit any form of tobacco. The Quitline is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week online and by phone. Trained Quit Coaches provide participants support to create an individual plan to quit tobacco and fight cravings.
- No judgment
- Confidential, personalized support
- Readiness quiz
- Cost Savings Calculator
- Telephone assistance in English or Spanish and translation for more than 150 other languages
- Quit Guide—a workbook that you can reference in any situation to help stick with your Quit-ting Plan
- Quit Coach®— one-on-one support whenever you need it over the phone from expert Quit Coaches® who specialize in helping people quit tobacco
- Web Coach®— online access to highly trained coaches by live chat and e-mail. You can use Web Coach® alone or in addition to phone support. Gain membership to a private, online community where you can watch videos, complete activities and have discussions with others in the program. Trackers measure progress and money saved.
- Quitting Aids—assistance in helping you decide what type, dose and duration of nicotine substitute or other medication is right for you
American Cancer Society
Each year, the American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout is the third Thursday of November. Smokers are encouraged to use the date to make a plan to quit, or to plan in advance and quit smoking that day. By quitting — even for one day — smokers will be taking an important step towards a healthier life – one that can lead to reducing cancer risk.