Tobacco Free Stadium
Tobacco Free Wichita is pleased to collaborate with Riverfront Stadium to promote the benefits of having a tobacco free stadium. Special thanks to Wesley Healthcare for funding the tobacco free signage at stadium.
Why tobacco free?
Breathe easy, the Riverfront Stadium is a tobacco free facility, including smoking, vaping, and chewing tobacco. We want to provide a healthy and safe environment for employees, clients, and visitors and to promote positive health behaviors.
- Tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of death in the United States.
- Every year, around 440,000 Americans die from tobacco use.
- Each day, 4,000 teens in the United States try cigarettes for the first time.
- Parents, athletes, and community leaders are role models for youth and can have a positive effect on the lifestyle choices they make.
- The Surgeon General has concluded that secondhand smoke causes premature death and disease in children and nonsmoking adults
- Prohibiting tobacco use at the Riverfront stadium protects the health, safety, and welfare of everyone in the community.
Need help quitting?
The Kansas Tobacco Quitline provides FREE one-on-one coaching to help tobacco users quit. Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
My Life, My Quit™ is the free and confidential way to quit smoking or vaping for those 13 – 17 years old. Text “Start My Quit” to 36072 or click to chat with a Coach. We are here for you every step of the way. It’s YOUR LIFE and we’re here to help you live it YOUR WAY.