Fire that killed four in Wichita was caused by smoking

SmokingSleepingA  fire that killed four last week, 21-year-old Amanda Nichols, her 1-year-old son, Isaaca, her boyfriend, 27-year-old Camaron McGowan, and his 2-year-old son K’Dyn, Tuesday has been ruled accidental and was caused by careless smoking. Investigators determined the fire started in the living room after a cigarette was left smoldering for two to three hours. The family didn’t have working smoke detectors.

This year in Wichita there have been 10 fire deaths.
Although this fire did not occur in an apartment building, it is another testament of the dangers that smoking poses to families in their own homes. Smoking is the #1 cause of home fire deaths. The Smoke-Free Housing Initiative is actively working to not only protect people from the harmful effects of secondhand smoke but also the avoidable consequences of careless smoking fires.
For more information on the Smoke-Free Housing Initiative, contact us.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s