TFW Youth – RESIST
TFW is looking for passionate young people (ages 11-18) to join our RESIST Chapter and help us TAKE DOWN BIG TOBACCO!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A RESIST MEMBER?
RESIST is a youth-led, statewide movement that fights the tobacco industry’s influence on Kansas teens. Local RESIST members will join hundreds of Kansas teens in the fight to stop Big Tobacco’s dirty tricks that lead kids into becoming the next tobacco users. TFW RESIST youth will lead efforts in the community to take tobacco out of our parks and schools and make it harder for young people to buy products. Each member will complete advocacy trainings from the Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids to learn new skills that will help them develop focused messaging, work with local media, talk to elected officials, and create fun, impactful events.
PERKS OF JOINING RESIST
- Learn to advocate for important issues through fun, youth-oriented trainings
- Earn points for free swag from Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
- Develop your leadership, public speaking, and community engagement skills
- Earn volunteer hours
- Get creative with developing campaign messages, graphics, posters, and more!
- Plan and attend fun events for your friends, family, and the community
- Meet statewide youth and work on issues that affect all Kansans
- Talk with elected officials about the dangers of tobacco and policies that prevent youth tobacco use
- Have Fun!
READY TO JOIN?
Complete and return our TFW RESIST Youth Application – FORM
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Send us an email by filling out the form below: