Apartment Fire in Wichita Tuesday Night

willow-creek-manor-fire-20121204-001

courtesy of KWCH

An apartment fire at Willow Creek Manor, near Lincoln and Oliver was caused by careless smoking on Tuesday night. Firefighters also had to evacuate more than 60 people, fire Capt. Stuart Bevis said Wednesday.  Many of the residents of the apartments, at Willow Creek Manor, southeast of Lincoln and Oliver, have medical conditions or physical disabilities that require them to use walkers or wheelchairs, Bevis said.

To read the full story in the Wichita Eagle, click here.

KWCH coverage with photos, here.

Don’t forget, our Smoke-Free Housing Committee will be meeting to draft a Strategic Plan this Monday, Dec 10th at 3-7pm.   All residents in our community deserve a safe place to live.  Please email TFW or call (316) 530-2TFW [2839] to RSVP for the meeting.  Dinner is being served.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s